Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Bioinformatician manages and organizes large databases, and conducts statistical and genomic analysis. Uses software to gather, store, manipulate and analyzes research data.
The Associate Bioinformatician will work with a group of researchers/biologists on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. The individual will support research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies
The ideal candidate will have strong statistical and programming proficiency with proven expertise in genomic analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements bioinformatics tools and processes.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues and proposes upgrades to current software.
- Develop projects and work independently on a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Manages databases, conducts statistical and genomic analysis, and participates in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- May be involved in sequence and structural analysis, data mining, or statistical modeling.
- May collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing.
- May conducts analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. M.S. in related field preferred.
- Working experience with genetics or statistics analysis software and online resources. Fluency in programming languages such as R, Python, Perl, or C++.
- Demonstrated expertise with handling and analyzing wide range of NGS sequencing outputs.
- Capable of working and developing within HPC and Linux environments.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in research environment.
- Exposure to muli-omic single cell sequencing data sets and analysis tools (scATACseq, CITEseq, VDJseq, Spatial, Seurat, Scanpy)
- Familiarity with bioinformatic pipeline languages (Nextflow, Snakemake)
- Working knowledge of coding best practices (version control, environment management, containerization)