The start date is as early as possible or by agreement. The position is available for three years.
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Excellence Universities in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
This position is an exciting opportunity for you, if you wish to develop strong data science skills and gain significant knowledge in cell biology by conducting research that will investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying normal and diseased cellular states. The position is available within the research group of Tenure Track Prof. Dr. Andreas Gruber, which has a focus on developing and applying data science approaches to study gene activity regulation in human health and disease (further information: https://www.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/gruber).
Amongst others, you will be developing data science approaches to analyze Next Generation Sequencing data from wet laboratory experiments and from the clinics. By applying molecular multi-level data science models to large patient cohorts you will enable a panoramic view on the gene activity programs that are vital to healthy cell function, unravel disease regulomes and biomarkers. The results of your work will contribute to current efforts to foster precision medicine via personalized analytics. During your doctoral studies you will also get the opportunity to contribute to international research consortia. If you have some experience in programming and/or analyzing data and you are motivated to conduct a doctoral thesis with a focus on data sciences and molecular biomedicine, we are looking very much forward to your application!
- Excellent development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- An exciting interdisciplinary and international working environment
- A project setting that will allow you to develop strong data science / informatics skills, while gaining significant expertise in health and disease
- The opportunity to obtain a PhD degree from one of the current Excellence Universities in Germany.
- Develop and apply data science tools and approaches
- Implement Next Generation Sequencing data analysis workflows
- Analyze data from Next Generation Sequencing experiments
- Design and implement web-based user interfaces for result reporting
- Interpret analysis results and contribute to publications and presentations of the research group
- A Master or equivalent in a relevant, preferentially quantitative field (e.g. Bioinformatics, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (in English language)
- Passion to analyse large biomedical datasets using cutting-edge approaches
- ome experience in programming and/or analysing data (e.g. R, Python)
How to apply
If you have any additional questions, please get directly in contact via e-mail: gruber[-at]uni-konstanz[dot]de.
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, degree certificates incl. grades) in one single pdf file until July 16th, 2023 via the Online Application Portal of the University of Konstanz (please find the application button on the bottom of the page): https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/0e3404bea3f2b372f45d96946ba33ac793af959c0