Company: Intellia Therapeutics
Title: Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
APPLY HERE - http://grnh.se/qf6lna
The development of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology opens a new frontier in biomedical research and clinical intervention. Adapted from a natural cellular process, CRISPR/Cas9 permits the editing of any gene in any organism with unprecedented simplicity and flexibility.
Intellia was founded in 2014 by Caribou Biosciences and Atlas Venture, along with a consortium of leading scientists who have helped define the space. Intellia Therapeutics holds exclusive access to a broad intellectual property portfolio covering the application of CRISPR/Cas9 technology for human therapeutic use.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking a Computational Biologist/bioinformatician to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. This is an opportunity to contribute to all aspects of Intellia's bioinformatics platform, from building pipelines for processing next-generation sequence (NGS) data to analyzing downstream data.
- Develop and support NGS pipelines using commonly utilized tools (BWA, Bowtie, SAMtools, etc).
- Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data.
- Implement and optimize databases and data storage methods (MySQL).
- Work with scientists to develop computational methods and tools to support new assay and implement data analyses.
- Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results.
- Demonstrated ability to write elegant and clean code in R, Python, Perl, or C++.
- Experience processing and analyzing biological data, specifically sequencing data.
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting/bash.
- BS/MS in Bioinformatics with at least 2 years of relevant experience or recent Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field.