This post provided the following 8 choices:
- Assemble 454 data on its own and correct with Illumina data
- Perform a hybrid assembly with MIRA
- Perform a hybrid assembly with CLC Genomics Workbench
- Perform a hybrid assembly with … Seqman Ngen/RAY/Celera Assembler/other
- Assemble Illumina data and 454 data separately and combine with MINIMUS
- Fake Sanger reads from 454 or Illumina assembly and feed to the other assembler
- Local assembly of abundant paired-end data to fill 454 scaffolds
- Newbler 2.6, incorporating FASTQ files
Personally I may try option 5, 8 and 2.
Hi, everyone. I obtained the contigs of a genome of NCBI (of 454 sequencing) and I want to improve the coverage of this genome sequenced, for this I obtain the genome sequencing using illumina (pair-end). I would like to map the reads generated in Illumina in the contigs and improve the coverage of this genome. In mira, Can I use contigs Instead of reads? Because I'don t have the reads of 454 in fastq format. Please, Thank you for any help.