UPDATE: a new position open (January 2017)
- PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences, biomedical/biological sciences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Expertise in a programming language (such as R, Python or Perl) for complex data analysis.
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience in processing large scale genomic data, such as transcriptomic, proteomic or metabolomics data.
- Knowledge of genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network analytical methods.
- Skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyse complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses.
- Knowledge of and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
- Knowledge of human disease biology and the drug discovery and development process.
Details: The Computational Biology Department supports Drug Discovery and Development at GSK Pharmaceuticals R&D through the integrative analysis of internal and external biomedical data. Our analysis competencies include target identification and validation, genetics, pathways and networks, disease indications, text mining, molecular evolution, gene expression, microbiome/host pathogen analysis, drug re-positioning and machine learning. We contribute to multiple phases of the drug development pipeline and our work results in developing new medicines for important diseases of unmet medical need.
We currently have multiple openings for skilled Computational Biologists within the GSK Computational Biology Department. Your primary role as a Computational Biologist will be to identify, develop, implement and use computational biology methods to impact drug discovery and development. Applicants should have a strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science and/or genomics, combined with knowledge of human disease biology. You should be comfortable working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment, and you will be expected to communicate complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, you will be encouraged to develop and advance your computational biology skills as well as your internal and external scientific profile through presentations and peer-reviewed publications. GSK offers excellent work-life balance for its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions you can contact me or leave a message below. But please do not send me the curriculum directly as I am just reposting the ad here. You should apply via the online application..
Good luck :-)