Hello, first post!
I'm trying to download SRA data using cygwin and SRA tools. If I get the data down, I can do everything I want to do, but downloading the data is where I'm getting caught up. I'm trying to change the location that prefetch downloads files to a network location instead of my hard drive which fills up fast. Cygwin's default location is c:/ncbi
- did a "full" cygwin installation (-debug, -docs) ~15GB
- curl -OL http://ftp-trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra/sdk/2.7.0/sratoolkit.2.7.0-win64.zip
- unzip sratoolkit.2.7.0-win64.zip
- cd sratoolkit.2.7.0-win64/bin
- ls produces many things including vdb-config.exe
- ./vdb-config -i on my local machine produces "-bash: ./vdb-config: Permission denied" I have total read-write permissions on my own machine
- If I try to unzip within the network site (questionable if I have the power to do this), I can certainly unzip the files and produce the same list of executables, but when I try to change the configuration I get "$ ./vdb-config -i ok Segmentation fault"
I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly stupid, but any suggestions would be appreciated.