We are looking for skilled scientists to join the Bioinformatics team at Counsyl, and help develop advancements that will unlock new capabilities of our genomics lab to deliver impactful health information to hundreds of thousands of patients a year.
Counsyl leverages proprietary next-generation sequencing (NGS) capabilities, rigorous statistical modeling, and novel algorithms to increase the quality and throughput of our products. The ideal candidate excels at integrating a diversity of computational skills and talents with a drive to push the envelope of what's possible in genomics.
What you'll do
- Author innovative approaches and novel methods to detect clinically actionable genetic information and expand the capabilities of Counsyl's core products
- Responsible for Counsyl's analytical NGS pipeline from raw sequencing data to patient genotypes
- Prove through rigorous analysis the validity and performance of our analytical pipeline
- Develop characterizations of test performance and quality control metrics to ensure high sensitivity and specificity
- Work in collaboration with assay development scientists to develop innovative protocols
- Work with multidisciplinary R&D and product teams to bring new products to market
- Present research findings and advocate for Counsyl's technological strengths through internal and external publications and conferences
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline
- Proven track record of developing robust and innovative solutions to complex problems through novel research, publication record and/or achievements in industry
- Ability to apply and leverage advanced statistical methods, modeling, data science to molecular biology
- Proficient in at least one major programming language (Python, Java, C++), strength with scientific python libraries or statistical packages (R, MATLAB)
- Strength in modern NGS methods and data analysis toolkits
- Experience working in a regulated clinical environment (e.g. CAP/CLIA) is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a professional atmosphere where collaborative, interdisciplinary teams are central to project success
- Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children.
The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it's changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers - top engineers, scientists, and designers - who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 750,000 patients and served more than 10,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Please add the location/country for this job in the title of this post. Look at past job postings for the format we generally use. Biostars has an international audience and it helps to have this information in the title.
^Exactly. It is one of the first things I look for.
I believe the job location is SF (US) from this page: https://www.counsyl.com/careers/bioinformatics-scientist-location-south-san-francisco-ca/
While that may be true in this case, many companies have multiple offices around the world and unless specified the location may or may not be what you expect.