The Systems Biology of Yield group, headed by Dirk Inzé and Hilde Nelissen at PSB are looking for a senior postdoc bioinformatician for 5 years. The position will be funded by an ERC advanced grant (BREEDIT), awarded to Dirk Inzé, to develop a novel breeding strategy using multiplex genome editing in maize.
The successful candidate will design the amplicons and the sgRNAs and develop a data base and visualization tools to capture all phenotypic and ‘editing’ information of all genes and individual plants during the course of BREEDIT.
- Candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent by experience
- Experienced in designing, conducting and analyzing large-scale, high-throughput, NGS-based genotyping and digital plant phenotyping experiments and troubleshooting strategies.
- Fluent in programming languages commonly used in bioinformatics (Unix, Python, R, SQL)
- Good project management skills: coordination of experimental work for genotype and phenotype data acquisition throughout project.
- Experience with analysis of digital phenotyping data: including image acquisition, image analysis and feature extraction
- Experience in developing bioinformatics pipelines for design and analysis of CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing: including phylogenetic analysis, target gene selection, multiplex guide and multiplex amplicon design, NGS sequencing and genome-edited variant detection, functional effect classification, integration of genotypic and phenotypic data in central database, genotype-phenotype correlation analysis.
- Keen on interdisciplinary research (plant physiology – bioinformatics – biotechnology – genomics - phenomics)
- Team player, pro-active, good communication skills.
A 5-year postdoctoral position from September 1st 2019 with an internationally competitive salary and benefits. The researcher will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services and be part of a highly collaborative and supportive working environment. Various training and leadership opportunities are possible to broaden your expertise and skills
What to expect?
The first review of applicants will begin on May 21st 2019. Selected applicants will be invited for interviews. Applications are welcome until the position is filled.
More information and how to apply: https://vibvzw.jobsoid.com/j/19019/senior-postdoc-bioinformatician