What should I do if I have found that taxonomic information of published complete genome is false. I recently conducted the 16S rRNA based phylogenetic test and found that the reported genome/species falls into different genus. For me it's a surprise as this misleading information is present on benchmarked biological resources such as NCBI, HAMAP, uniprot, JGI, KEGG, expasy, MIST etc. Furthermore my research was involved with this organism and closely related species, therefore after identifying the actual phylogeny of this organism my whole research is in jeopardy due to availability of wrong information especially with a complete published genome.
I request your views and suggestions for the necessary action on this issue.
EDIT (more information originally given as answer)
Actually the genome of the organism is already published and avaialable at NCBI.I'm involved in investigating complete genomes of a particular genus using bioinformatics approach.While performing comparative genome analysis specially to identify the core genome I found the data of this particular genome highly deviant with rest of other species in the same genus which cought my attention and then I tested this organism with both Blast and phylogenetic methods using 16srRNA gene.In both the results this partucular organism didnot show homology to the species/genus where it is presently classified rather it showed homology to other species of a different genus.I have reported this to the author of genome but still not getting any reply therefore I put my concern over here .And yes this is true that I was working with a wrong organism due to wrong information at NCBI