Recently I met the problem of discordance HGVS name of variant between annovar annotation and ClinVar.
I extracted the location of transcripts from latest NCBI GRCh37 refseq annotation and annotate the variants with AnnoVar. But the some entries doesnot match the ClinVar. By counting the CDS location base manually, I found that the result of AnnoVar was correct. Then I used VEP as the third party to asses the result. Surprisingly, The results of VEP overlaped with these two, but most of entries were consistent with Annovar. So anybody met the similar questions, need help~
The detailed table is below.