Hello all, I have research experience working as a Bioinformatics programmer/analyst for close to 3 years post my Masters in Bioinformatics from USA. I have experience working with Next Gen Sequencing data sets from different platforms and technologies.
I wish to apply for PhD programs in Genetics and Genomics area/Bioinformatics for fall 2015. I do not really want to apply to many top schools as the chances of getting an admit are less. I'm fine as long as the program is good and offers best training. In view of the same, I have short-listed a few universities, any comments about the programs & schools/ suggestions as to where to apply will be of great help. Here is the list of schools -
1. The Biology and Biomedical Sciences Program (BBSP) at UNC, Chapel Hill which offers PhD programs in 14 areas including Genetics and Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology and others (http://bbsp.unc.edu/phd-programs/)
2. Graduate program in Bioengineering, jointly from UC Berkeley and UCSF (http://bioegrad.berkeley.edu/)
3. Quantitative Biology Graduate Program at Michigan State University (https://qbi.natsci.msu.edu/grad-research/courses/concentration-gbcb/)
4. Graduate Program in Genomics and Computational Biology at UPenn (http://www.med.upenn.edu/gcb/index.shtml)
5. PhD in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology from Univ of Idaho (http://www.uidaho.edu/cogs/bcb/degrees/phdbcb)
6. The Molecular Biology Program at University of Utah (http://www.bioscience.utah.edu/molecular-biology/)
Thanks in advance!