1. I have a list of SNP variations(chr:pos:rsid if present:reference nucleotide:alternate nucleotide)
2. I want to map these variations to their corresponding position on the protein like
Variation chr1:1234 maps to Amino Acid 33 on protein XYZ
3. Then output the protein sequence along with the mutated amino acid due to this variation.
4. I initially assumed there might be many tools to do this but upon looking i haven't been able to find any. I could also create my own solution but i need to reliably know which position each variant maps to in the protein.
5. I dont just have variants with known rsids, there are some variants which are novel.
Can anyone who has done something similar help me out on how to go about this?