UNC Charlotte Dept. of Bioinformatics is seeking a full time research scientist in Biostatistics/Bioinformatics. The incumbent will develop statistical and computational methods for big data analysis, integration and visualization. S/he will work on a range of high throughput omics (genome, transcriptome, metabolome etc) data, and cutting edge projects on complex diseases and biomedical problems.
We integrate and analyze a variety of big data sets from biomedical research & applications. And we develop statistical/analytical methods, and implement them into software packages or web servers. Some of them are widely used by tens of thousands of scientists over the world:
We apply big data and advanced analytics to solve important and complex problems in biomedicine. For example, we recently were working on autism, a complex brain disorder, using big data + novel analytics approach http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/4/e1701799.full
- Solid statistics training
- Genetics/genomics data analysis (esp. GWAS, Whole Genome/Exome Studies), NGS data analysis, sequence analysis
- Unix/Linux shell
- Python or Perl
- Version control: svn or git
- R package (or software) development is a plus
- Machine learning expertise is a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Self-motivated and disciplined, time and project management skills
- Enjoy computational/statistical method development, data analysis
- Proven research/development experience, publication records
PhD (or Master + 3 years working experience) in statistics/biostatistics, bioinformatics, computational genetics, computer science, or related fields.
Salary and benefits:
Salary $60,000-90,000 depending on experience, full benefit package, may sponsor H1B visa
As soon as possible
In addition, we also have postdoc positions and PhD student assistantships for those with less experience.
Please send a resume, a short cover letter (optional) and the names of 2-3 references to: weijun.luo[AT]uncc.edu
Is this still active (18 months old)?
Yes, it is. We are constantly looking for great people.
Is this still active (9 months old)?