This is a list of oriented topics of bioinformatics books. I see that it might help for new comers searching for special topics Bioinformatics books list by category, some of them are old so I hope that our fellows in BioStars suggest books that you should read or have in your shelf if you are bioinformation or interested in that field.
for me my first intro to bioinformatics was bioinformatics for dummies :)
after that I was opened more to bioinformatics field I read those introductory books
- Phylogenetic Trees Made Easy: A How-To Manual
- Computational Biology: Unix/Linux, Data Processing and Programming
- Beginning Perl for Bioinformatics by James D. Tisdall
- Essential Bioinformatics
- Head first Java
- Head first Python
- Bioinformatics for High Throughput Sequencing
Other threads with the same concern
- Entering Into Bioinformatics Domain
- Recommend Your Favorite Bioinformatics Books
- Undergraduate Bioinformatics Textbook?
- what are the best resource to learn Linux bash scripting for Bioinformatics
- Best Way For A Beginner To Get Up To Speed On Unix Quickly?
- Recommend Your Favorite Introductory "R In Bioinformatics" Books And Resources
- What Is One Book Every Bioinformatician Should Read?
- Recommended biology/genomics book for computer scientist students
- Which bioinformatics books would you recommend to a programmer / software engineer?
bioinformatics for dummies
That's a good book! The T-Coffee guy wrote it. It was my first book too. It demystifies things a lot.
Which books would you recommend yourself?