As heatmaps in R are a recurring theme, I thought I'd collect information here:
1. List of heatmap functions (and packages) in R:
- heatmap.2 (package gplots)
- heatmap.3 (package GMD, not on CRAN anymore)
- heatmap.plus (not on CRAN anymore)
- aheatmap (package NMF)
- ggheat (code in this blog post)
- d3heatmap (not maintained, not on CRAN anymore)
- Using heatmap()
- Using heatmap.2()
- Using ComplexHeatmap
- Using Superheat
- Guide to heatmaps in R
- Using EnrichedHeatmap for visualization of NGS experiments
3. Biostars posts:
EDIT 2017-02-03: Added more heatmaps. Thanks to people contributing below.
EDIT 2017-03-14: Added another one.
EDIT 2019-05-28: Added another one.
EDIT 2019-09-06: Added tutorial for EnrichedHeatmap (thanks to ATpoint)
EDIT 2020-08-14: Update: GMD and d3heatmap not on CRAN.
EDIT 2022-05-04: Update: heatmap.plus not on CRAN.